My focus is digital marketing
I’ve spent the last dozen years of my marketing career focused on this area. Writing for the web. Social media marketing. Blogging for businesses. Setting up and managing WordPress websites. Creating content in a variety of formats for different campaigns and clients. It’s what I love to do … and I’m good at it. (Here’s my resume.)
My marketing career goes back 20+ years, with a background that includes stints with global, well-known firms. But I also have significant experience doing digital marketing work for small- to medium-sized businesses and nonprofits.
Beginning in January 2016, I became an independent consultant — a digital marketer for hire. It’s been fun being self-employed again (I was my own boss 20-some years ago, too), but I’m always open to being someone’s employee again.
Here are highlights from projects I worked on so far in 2018. You’ll see there is lots of variety here, which I enjoy:
- I managed a Kansas City-area women’s gym’s Facebook page and created content (including dozens of custom images) designed to stand out in their followers’ crowded news feeds. I also created ads and promotions the gym used to reach their target audience. I also managed the company’s website and blog, writing content for the owner and trainers. I’ve been working with this client for more than three years.
- I served as the remote social media manager and content marketer for a west coast-based information management consulting firm, where I manage their WordPress website, write and publish blog posts and manage the company’s Twitter and LinkedIn accounts. I’ve been a contractor for them since March 2016.
- I wrote blog posts and managed site updates for a Kansas City-based specialty foods company. I also wrote, published and designed imagery for the company’s Facebook and Instagram pages. My relationship with this client goes back more than two years, and I partner with the firm’s PR person as a subcontractor on this account.
- Partnering with this same PR professional, I worked with one of her other clients — an event management company (almost two years on this relationship). I worked with this company on a new website that launched June 1 where we partnered with a web agency. Also, I co-managed the firm’s Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages and wrote blog posts for them.
- New this year, I worked with a Phoenix-area marketing consultant and her land development client. I recommended and made content and design updates to two websites and consulted on messaging and SEO.